This simple self-installation article is intended for Globe Broadband subscribers in the Philippines. If you are having problems using your ZTE MF600 3G wireless access terminal then better read these list of instructions.
- Attach the antenna provided to the antenna connector found at the back of the modem. Hold the antenna and rotate the screw cap in clockwise direction.
- (For INTERNET and LANDLINE Plan Only) Connect the telephone set and modem using the supplied phone cable (RJ-11) via the phone interface found at the back of the modem.
- Next, connect your PC and modem using the supplied cross Ethernet cable (RJ-45) via the LAN interface. Note: The phone cable and Ethernet cable are both provided. Please DO NOT use any other Ethernet cable to ensure that the modem will work.
- Connect the power adaptor of the modem to a standard power outlet and insert the plug into the socket at the rear of the modem.
- Turn the power switch ON to get started.
- (For the INTERNET and LANDLINE Bundle Only) Make sure the phone is on-hook before powering on. Note: When the modem is switched off and if a new call is coming in, the caller will hear the prompt, “The number you have dialed is currently unavailable.”
- Make sure you wait 1– 2 minutes after switching the power ON before you use the service, as the modem needs to initialize, attach to the network, and then obtain an IP address. The Radio Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI), DATA and PWR indicator should be lit. Note: If the RSSI LED is not lit, it means that the Radio Frequency signal is weak or the antenna screw is loose. To correct this, change the location of the modem and make sure nothing is blocking it or check the antenna installation again.
- Make sure the RSSI LED is not blinking but is constantly lit. If the RSSI LED is blinking, please move the modem until the RSSI LED stays constantly lit. You should make sure that the modem is located at a suitable place and free from obstruction (preferably near a window).