If you are looking for a classy yet cheap but reasonably nice looking laptop as your desktop replacement, then I suggest you buy the Asus K50ij laptop. The Asus K50ij is definitely a good buy if you are into budget laptops. I just bought mine last year and I was really impressed with this notebook which only costs php26,500 $553 (last year’s pricing) but is now retailed at php 24,000 from most PC retailers here in the Philippines. I was lucky to have bought this since I was in dire need then of a budget laptop that was capable of running mainstream applications to get my work done.
The K50IJ isn’t just a poorly built laptop, it’s specifications surpass any professional notebook that’s sold in the market today. The sleek looking 15.6-inch laptop comes with a mixture of glossy and matte plastics that doesn’t suffer from the flex or squeaks that are common to cheap plastics. It has a glossy palm rest that provides good support and a full-sized keyboard with a dedicated number pad for your all day computing needs. Believe it or not, the K50ij has an “IceCool” feature that provides normal temperature for the palm rests and touch pad. Overall the Asus K50ij budget laptop will definitely meet your needs and expectations when it comes to style, functionality, and pricing.
Asus K50ij Laptop Specifications:
- Processor: Intel Pentium T4200 / 2 GHz
- Multi-Core processor technology: Dual-Core
- RAM: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM(can be upgraded up to 4GB)
- Hard Drive: 320 GB – Serial ATA-150 – 5400 rpm
- 3 in 1 card reader
- Display: 15.6 in TFT active matrix with maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 ( WXGA )
- Graphics Processor: Intel GMA 4500 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
- Altec Lansing Speakers
- Interfaces 1 x Microphone – Input – Mini-phone 3.5 mm , 1 x Headphones – Output – Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1 x Display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) , 4 x Hi-Speed USB – 4 pin USB Type A , 1 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T – RJ-45